The Mission of The Zetetic Path & The Zetetic Creed
The world society is replete with improper ideas and corrupted information that are represented in many forms. While the diversity of ideas and freedom of speech is to be protected, in so many instances, the actual truth has become highly obscured and distorted. When falsity masquerades as truth, it invariably deters advancement toward achievement of our highest ideals. Often the net outcome unduly benefits a few to the detriment of the many.
Truth is not absolute in all ways. What is sought after is thoroughly rationalized clarity. When decisions, beliefs, policies, and agendas are developed with a comprehensive set of information and a capable framework to intelligize and adjudicate matters with agreed upon values and metrics, the illumination yields the best opportunity to generate a more optimal outcome. While difficult, it unshackles us from the burdens that limit the ability for all sectors of humanity to flourish.
It is the charter of The Zetetic Path to seek out the truth for any undertaking that the organization chooses to engage itself and to do so in accordance with principles of The Zetetic Creed. Generally, The Zetetic Path engages the Big Questions in life or any societal concern where the course of events are detracting from our collective ability to enact a healthy advance and the organization’s capabilities can be leveraged to make a positive impact.
The Zetetic Creed is comprised of core principles that embolden the success of the charter to be actively engaged in seeking the truth.
The stated Zetetic Mission and Creed is a starting point. Like mankind, it too must evolve.
THE ZETETIC CREED
- To uphold the sanctity of an individual’s right to life, liberty, and self-determination.
- To respect the right for the freedom of belief. An individual may hold onto most any belief they choose, however, there are restrictions as to how these beliefs may be actionably expressed to others.
- Expression of belief is to be expressed in a peaceful manner and is never to be violent against another individual or group.
- Expression of belief to others is to be limited to those individuals who are of appropriate mental status and age to effectively intelligize and objectify the appropriateness of the expressed beliefs with their own values and beliefs. Those who are mentally impaired or are 18 years old or younger are generally unable to properly comprehend the full ramifications of an imposed set of beliefs. Therefore, those who wish to impose a particular belief is encumbered with a higher duty of care. Individuals should either not be exposed or, if exposed, these individuals must be trained to possess adequate critical thinking aptitudes to enable them to self-critique what is being conveyed to them.
Active Truth Seeking
- The human condition is such that error, ignorance, bias, and irrationality are both endemic and chronic. As individuals, we are to vigorously challenge ourselves to minimize these limitations in favor of objectivity toward our biases, striving for rational responses, continually invest in self-education, and to develop an attitude of knowledge-seeking and a spirit for discovery.
- The goal of Zetetics is to understand the truth to the highest degree possible. This very often goes against the need for human beings to feel peaceful and comfortable with their retained beliefs. We must be persistent and open-minded to changing our worldview predicated on new evidences and demonstrably true insights.
- A core Zetetic principle is that each individual should be predominantly self-reliant and self-confident, meaning that we are to nurture and fortify our inner strengths and acknowledge and actively address our weaknesses. Attainment of self-reliance and self-confidence yields a clarity of purpose and conviction.
Action, Advocacy, and Charity
- We are to be a positive force in our local communities and to society at large by adopting a spirit of cooperation, compassion, and charity.
- We are to encourage society to institute and enforce polices that achieve generate greater equality in opportunity and resources and to do the same ourselves.
- To progress as humans, we have respect our earthly habitat. As an ecosystem, we are to be acutely aware that humans are animals with relatively few distinctions from other complex life forms. While a measure of harm is inevitable and necessary, we must strive to our utmost to protect all life.